Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a substance that is thought to promote healing when injected into areas of the body. PRP is obtained by isolating plasma from blood and concentrating it. Injecting PRP into damaged tissue will stimulate your body to grow new, healthy cells and promote healing.
PRP injections have been used in multiple applications:
· Hair loss – PRP injected into the scalp promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss
· Tendon injuries – PRP injections have been used to treat chronic tendon problems
· Acute injuries – PRP injections have been used to treat acute sports injuries such pulled muscles or strains
· Postsurgical repair – Some doctors use PRP after surgery to repair tendons or ligaments
· Osteoarthritis – PRP injections into the knee are more effective than hyaluronic acid injections for treating osteoarthritis.
· Facials/Facelifts – PRP is injected into areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and to add volume to areas of the face affected by age and gravity
· Shot – PRP is injected into the vaginal wall and clitoris to alleviate stress incontinence, vaginal dryness and sexual dysfunction.
· P Shot – PRP is injected into the penis to rejuvenate the penis and stimulate new tissue growth, resulting in improved erections that are larger, firmer and stronger erections
PRP bathes troubled cells in a concentrated mixture of platelets from your own blood. PRP therapy can be analogous to farmer’s seeds vs fertilizer. It is like adding fertilizer to assist in the growth process. The cells are already there but PRP stimulates growth.
PRP is what we are labeling “liquid gold”. It is an amazing autogulous treatment that will naturally allow your body to regenerate and rejuvenate skin health on a cellular level.